Colonial Williamsburg® The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation's Official History and Citizenship Website

CW Foundation navigation

Looking to Buy Tickets & Gifts or Book a Vacation? Click Here

Page content
Reset text sizeResize text larger

James Geddy House and Foundry: Site Description

Geddy Site

A Retail shop where James Geddy Jr. displayed and sold his wares.

B Geddy bedchamber, which probably served as the nexus between the family's domestic and commercial activities and which, in the absence of a separate counting room, may also have served as an office.

C Parlor, facing Palace Street, used for formal entertaining.

D Dining room facing Palace Street, used for meals, family entertainment, and children's education.

Sales Area Shop space rented to commercial tenants such as milliner Mary Dickinson.

Foundry Site where David and William Geddy carried on their father's gunsmithing and brass-founding business until James Geddy, Jr., sold the property in 1777.

Learn more:

James Geddy Jr.
Retail shop
Gunsmith and Founder