Williamsburg Lodge Corn Chowder
- 3 ounces salt pork, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 rib of celery, chopped
- 1 ½ cup potatoes, diced
- 2 cups chicken stock or chicken broth
- 2 cups cream-style corn
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup butter
- salt and white pepper to taste
Williamsburg Lodge Corn Chowder continued.
- Fry the salt pork until brown.
- Add the onion and sauté over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the celery, potatoes, chicken stock, and one cup of water and simmer until the potatoes are done.
- Add the corn and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the milk and butter and add to the soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve hot.
© 2023 The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation